Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More of the gouache paintings

This is a painting of the old Kestrel ferry that used to go between Devonport and Auckland, often with a jazz band on board, until a few years ago.
This was my first gouache and ink resist painting, which thrilled me so much, I kept up the technique. It is of a group of buildings in Prague.

Ah, 'Last of the Mohicans' really affected me. Still love the style of inky woodcut look that so suits this subject.

This was done with another, for a friend, from photos in Indonesia. He has the first, and best of the two.

2 comments:

Bill Heroman said...

LOTM? Ooh, ooh... I liked the part that goes, um... "Dah dah dah, something!"

Good times with DDL, eh? ;)

PS: I made my comments page easier to find. Thanks for the praise over at Sarah's blog.

Bill Heroman said...

Btw, this Art collection looks really cool. Thanks for doing it. (And thanks to Blogger, too, eh?!)

I'll tell everyone here that we still proudly display TWO JJ originals in our home. Even when they're worth millions, we'll never sell them!

Keep at it, Jen!