Friday, February 16, 2007

Two more on the go. . .

While I wait for paint to dry on the cafe painting, I have a few other things on the go. This is one I am calling 'Aotearoa - the Land of the Long White Cloud'. Just like the idea of what the Maori must have felt approaching NZ from the sea, which was vast and endless, and the sky which filled the horizon, and then they saw the cloud which hung over New Zealand, caught between the two forms. Simple but a nice design.
and someone I did work for on his logo etc, hiking in the Waitakere Ranges, had a photo of a bush walk, and I'm keen to paint that one. This is its' beginning. . .

4 comments:

Deborah Fantasia said...

Wow, both of those are really neat !!!!!
I like them a lot !
I love writing and I imagin for someone who paints it must be so neat to put what you see on a canvas in picture form.
For me, my blog is my canvas - it's (my writing) just so real to me.
Deborah

jayjay said...

THANKS Deborah. I must have a look at your blog site!

Aimee said...

Jenny!
It's been awhile since I've been to see your blog... fantastic paintings! You should come to Washington and put together an exhibit at the art gallery I (kinda) work for. *wink*

Sarah said...

wonderful.